Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, August 8, 2010

Isinglass 'Mica'

On a recent trip up north, I was introduced to a
destination that was like another place in time.
How heavy do you think that piece of Quartz is,
that this honorable husband told me he was
lugging up the steep path to the mine's entrance?
I carried up much less, and it was plenty heavy...like a ton!
Now those Quartz, Feldspar, and
Isinglass (Mica) decorate my doorstep.

Ruggles Mine looks prehistoric.
See if you can read where it tells how old it is - AMAZING!!!
Hope you enjoy the photos and read my little ditty at the end.
Then go for yourself sometime!

















Up in Canaan, NH is a rock lover's paradise. A mine, actually.
Ruggles Mine was our destination on Saturday. We took the
long drive with our young niece, she refused to nap, and stayed
awake until we reached the top of Isinglass Mountain, I believe
it's called...correct me if I'm incorrect.

Isinglass is the original name for the shiny books of clear
paper-like material, commonly known these days as Mica.
I've always been a fan of Mica. I love the glistening mineral
as it lays on the ground, flashing it's brilliant face in my eyes.










Posted by Picasa

No comments: