Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Happy New New Year Year

As you can see by the title, I am determined to have a doubly happy new year in 2008.

In 2007, I had more than my share of doctor visits and shots in my back...what a pain in the neck! I lost a total of 30 pounds and gained back 12. Now I must double my efforts. It might take double the time to lose them, but I am driven to drop those holiday pounds (#1 resolution) and fit back into those slinky clothes I fit into for five great months.

I blame part of my 'weight loss gain' on the holidays and a cookie swap, and some on the fact that when I exercise...walk...it hurts my back! Since I have a hard time eating less, exercise is doubly important. In the end, one can only blame themselves for NOT losing weight. If you have no willpower, you are in double trouble.

In 2008, I will be having more shots in my back, but I'm hoping in time to spring back with renewed bounce in my step. I enjoy walking with my husband (usually 3 miles at least twice per week. When I was in Weight Watchers, I walked 3 miles per day!) Sometimes I get withdrawals from walking so much, so I will jump on my treadmill and do my 20 minute mile, and get off feeling doubly good! Then I go ice my back and pop a few Excedrin.

My husband and I also have our cellar set up like a playground for when my young niece comes over after kindergarten on Thursdays. We ride bikes in the cellar, play hide the ball, basketball, 'monkey in the middle', hopscotch, jump rope, tennis, and sometimes I roller blade with ski poles. 'Course with my hurt back, we can only play for five minutes at a time, then must take a break, or play dolls or McDonald's.

Another resolution (#2) is to write more...hence my new blog effort. I hope you will all get something out of each blog entry, however, this blog I mostly write for me. This effort is geared toward doubling my efforts to once again see my name in print. If I'm lucky, some publisher will happen along my blog and want to make me the next Jane Austen! I love Jane! Do you?

Resolution #3 is odd, considering I want to lose weight. I want to cook more. Actually, I should say "I want to cook." I don't cook much. God bless my husband for preferring 'meat and potatoes' over five course meals. I have a crock pot. I've had it for ten years. It has sat collecting dust most of those years. However, several of my sisters are very successful at cooking and have told me how easy crock pot cooking can be. One of my sisters gave me a crock pot cookbook for Christmas. (My stomach thanks you!)

Two days ago I threw a bunch of leftovers and home-grown rosemary in said crock pot and came up with turkey, rice, onion, and green bean stew. Tomorrow I am making wheat tortellini, Italian sausage, and spinach stew. I have tons of meat in the freezer and a hundred different canned food items to choose from. I could come up with some new concoction every few days in 2008! Yummy, yummy. But my husband will probably miss his meat and potatoes.

What resolutions have you made for 2008? Do you consider yourself a good cook? What are your specialties? Any suggestions for mustering up willpower while dieting?
Please reply!

Wishing you all a happy happy new new year year!

1 comment:

Sue said...

McCormick makes some good Slow Cooker seasonings. I love the pulled pork and Italian chicken one myself.