Welcome Reader:

Whether you've just now tuned in to my life, or have been keeping up with my inner thoughts for quite some time now,
I welcome you.

Though you may or may not be entertained by my thoughts, it is for MYSELF that I pen a blog.

As a writer, I enjoy expressing myself.
When I write long romance novels, I am inside my head so much, I forget to focus on reality.

By writing once and a while on my blog, when the mood hits me, I have the freedom to come and go.
To pull up a chair and order lemonade or an ice cream sundae.
To either gobble it down, or eat it ever so slowly...

...until it melts into a concoction that resembles mushy milk.

Pull up a chair! Have a read. I hope you enjoy it.
I do...and that's what really matters.







Sunday, January 20, 2008

Remembering Kindergarten

NORTHWOOD REFLECTIONS©
By Lisa Allen Kennard
(Newspaper Article - 2006)

While growing up in Northwood in the 60’s and 70’s, I had a variety of favorite people – one being Miss Gladys Gardner. Like me, many youths in my generation attended Miss Gardner’s kindergarten. Held in the long, carpeted room between the dining room and barn, there were half a dozen short tables, a multitude of tiny chairs, toys, miniature kitchen furniture, and a fish tank in our midst. She had many cats and a fishpond. For my class, she served milk in primary colored, plastic cowboy boots.

For many young town children, it was our first experience with independence. We learned ABC’s, 123’s, colors, shapes, plus a variety of other useful things. Most importantly, we learned how to make friends. Graduation was held on the knoll of Miss Gardner’s side yard. She read our names, praised us, and handed out diplomas. Though she never had children, I think she felt we were ALL hers. Among other things, Miss Gardner was a Sunday school teacher, librarian and world traveler. It was a sad day when she passed away. Knowing her, I imagine Miss Gardner put yet another notch on her traveling cane. Heaven, checkmark!

No comments: